Stade, St. Cosmae
Click at the photo to enlarge
All colour-photos by Geert Jan Pottjewijd
1668-1673: New organ by Berendt Huss. Arp Schnitger worked on the organ as a pupil of Huss.
Vincent Lübeck was appointed organist after the completion of the organ.
1688: Changing of the specification by Arp Schnitger on demand of Vincent Lübeck. A Trommet 16' was added to the Hauptwerk.
1727: Repairs by Otto Dietrich Richborn.
1782: Repairs and changes to the pedal by Georg Wilhelm Wilhelmi.
179x: Adding of a Glockenspiel (chimes).
1841: Repairs by Johann Georg Wilhelmi
1870: Removal of the Rückpositif by Johann Hinrich Röver. The windchest and part of the pipework were placed behind the organ. Tuning in equal temperature. Substitution of several ranks.
1910: Enlargement of the organ loft.
1917: Frontpipes confiscated for the production of war materials.
1948: Restoration by Ott. A new
Rückpositif was made behind the enlarged loft. Intonation on too low a windpressure.
Photo of this situation below.
1956: Addition of a little windchest for Cis, Dis, Fis and Gis.
1975: Restoration by Jürgen Ahrend. Complete reconstruction of the
loft and the Rückpositif. Unequal temperature. Removal of the windchests for Cis, Dis,
Fis and Gis.
Specification after the restoration of 1975:
|Rohrflöt||4'||Nassat Quint||1 1/3'||Sifflöt||1 1/3'||Mixtur||V-VI|